Ford Lincoln Mercury iPod interface 1996-2008 for pre-wire vehicles FRDW/PC-POD2
Basic iPod interface for most 1996-2008 Ford Lincoln Mercury vehicles.
Vehicle specific information:
- Radio must have external CD-changer capabilities and pre-wire, CD button.
- Not compatible with factory external CD-changer, or remove the CD-changer before using this interface.
- Not compatible with factory navigation radios, excluding Escape.
- Not compatible with factory RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) present.
- Connects to 12-Pin pre-wire. (Usually located in the rear of the vehicle or center console.)
How it works:
Vehicles have a connection in the trunk for a CD-changer option. This adapter connects at that CD-changer connection and allows the radio to recognize the iPod like a CD-changer. This is no FM transmitter! Directly connecting your iPod is the only way to get that digital quality sound that you desire. (*Some vehicles have CD-changer connection in glove box or armrest.) All of the necessary cables are included, just plug it in and you are set to go.
1998-2009 All models that are pre-wire for a CD-changer (square 12 pin plug.)
1998-2005 Town Car
1998 2003 Continental
1998-2005 Grand Marquis
and any vehicle that is pre-wire for a CD-changer (square 12 pin plug.)
for use with following apple ipod
For more information call 1-888-231-0395